VINTAGE VAN ADVENTURES MECC INC. ©2016
ESSAY CONTEST RULES
ANSWER THE QUESTION:
“WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO YOU AND WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE CAMPING IN A VINTAGE AND NOSTALGIC VW CAMPERVAN?”
- ESSAY SUBJECT-THEME
Each Entrant’s essay must address the above question, story and theme. Each entrant’s essay submission will be judged on the basis of addressing the stated question/theme with innovation, creativity and the ability of the story to excite and inspire other individuals to go on an adventure/tour using a VW Westfalia, Westy, Vanagon, Vdub bus or hippie van.(Jerry Garcia owned one. Grateful Dead Heads seek them out. Tom Hanks owns a 4×4 Westy)
- ESSAY REQUIREMENTSEach entry Must …. :
- Consist of entrant’s own original unpublished essay of 300 words written in English. Word count includes any and all words, letters, abbreviations and words such as “a” and “I” within the body of the essay submittal. Word count excludes essay title.
- Be different and unique. Multiple submissions by an individual are acceptable, but each online essay submittal must be a new, different submittal and individually submitted on a different entry form accompanied by the submittal essay fee.
- Not be the same, or near the same. Multiple submittal copies of the same essay will not be accepted.
- Be submitted via the Vintage Van Adventures online Contest Form.
- The easiest way is to write your essay in Notes or some other word processing software – with no formatting.
- Verify word count in Notes or other word processing software.
- Then simply cut and paste into as text only – 300 word essay box.
- Provide the name and all contact information details in the first Entrant Information section of the online Contest Form
- Not include any identifying information within the body or title of the essay submittal form designated as the body of the essay. No identifying information including but not limited to the entrant’s name, address, or other details Identifying information regarding the entrant should be included in the body/title essay section on the form.
- Zero tolerance of any and all identifying information is maintained and any entry including such information in the body/title will be eliminated automatically and without refund.
- Be sure to hit submit after you entered the contact information and your 300 word essay. Upon hitting submit, the checkout page will appear.
Each entry will be assigned a unique identification number to maintain the integrity of the contest yet correlate to each entrant’s name.
- ELIGIBILITYEntrants Must:
- Be 25 years old
- Hold a valid US State or international license held for at least 3 years
- Not have any prior convictions, driving under the influence, drug charges or similar violations
- Vintage Van Adventure principals, judges, employees, ex-employees, partners and any immediate family members of these individuals may not participate as an entrant to the contest.
- ESSAY SUBMISSION
Only online essay submittals shall be valid and accepted. Any and all other forms of entry will be rejected and returned or retained in an “invalid trash” bin.
- All online essay submittals shall be deemed received regardless if the essay submittal adheres or does not adhere to all the technical requirements as noted in these Contest Rules.
- ENTRY FEE
Every essay submittal must be made using the online form and properly submitted with the $15 USD entry fee payment. Personal checks or any other form of payment will not be accepted.
- ENTRY DEADLINE
Essay submittals are accepted during the period of June 1st 2016 through March 29th 2017. Online form essay submittals must be received on or before March 29th 2017, and time of 11:59:59 PM EST. Late, invalid, lost, late, or misdirected entries is the responsibility of the contest entrant. Any entry received after the above deadline will be rejected and placed in the “trash bin”.
- COPYRIGHT AND PUBLICATION
Any and all rights, publishing licenses, graphics, copyrights and marks arising under both statute and the common law and all other rights derivative there from Vintage Van Adventures contest entries constitutes an assignment to MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures of any and all rights.Each accepted qualified Entrant grants to MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures permission and rights to publish all or part of the each essay submittal. Furthermore, each Entrant entering the Vintage Van Adventures Contest grants rights and permission to use the entrant’s name, story and photographs, published and non-published articles and information and to publicize the winning entries, all without royalty or other consideration.
Vintage Van Adventures, MeCC Inc. principals, employees, ex-employees, partnerships or families of any of same will not be involved in judging the essays. A panel of judges will be selected from a variety of backgrounds to review the essays. The judges will not be related to MeCC, Inc. principals or have vested interest in the property. The names of the judges shall not be released except to a public law enforcement entity upon presentation of a valid court order and with a valid jurisdiction authority.
- SELECTION AND ESSAY VOTING
Judges shall select the 5 top ranking essays which in the Judges opinion best fulfills the underlying innovative, creative and inspiring aspects of the theme.Judges shall deliver the top 5 winning essays to MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures for publication on its web site. This publication shall occur on or before March 30th, 2017. Essays will be published without any identifying details accept for a unique tracking identifying number.On or before March 30th, 2017 all entrants shall be notified vial email of an announcement. MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van will announce the top 5 candidate essays are available for Entrants to vote/rank them in order of 5) alternate, 4) third runner up, 3) second runner up, 2) first runner up and finally 1) winner. The voting period will last two weeks. This two week period is expected to end on April 3oth, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM EST. The winner(s) voting rank will be posted on the Vintage Van Adventures site. In addition, all Entrants will also be notified the winning ranks are posted.Each entrant has a single vote per individual qualified essay submittal. If an entrant successfully submitted 2 entries, that Entrant has 2 votes.The winner shall be notified by email and/or phone and required to accept the win in writing. The first runner up will be named the winner if the first winner declines in writing the contest prize.
Should the first runner up refuse to accept the contest prize, then the second runner up will be award the contest prize and asked to accept in writing. This down the chain pattern continues until a final winner is successfully awarded and accepts the contest prize.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE PRIZE CERTIFICATE
MeCC, Inc.,Vintage Van Adventures will present the contest winner with its certificate of rental for a week in one of its vintage VW camper vans fully provisioned for two.Winning Entrants will be required to sign MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. Winning Entrants must also submit at least one photo per day of their Vanagon adventure. Photo must include a blog or comment of any length.MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures reserves the right to provide multiple 1st prize awards as well as additional and multiple lessor awards. If MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures exercises its multiple award rights, it will follow the voting/ranking of each Entrant. If multiple awards exceed the five, Judges will provide MeCC Inc., Vintage Van Adventures with additional essays based upon their pool of candidates.
- TAXES / FEES
The winning Entrant(s) shall be solely responsible for any and all taxes, including state sales taxes, or fees of any kind imposed upon or arising out of a successful participation in this essay contest.If the winner refuses to accept the prize property in writing, then the First Runner-Up becomes responsible for all above stated taxes and fees. Should the First Runner-Up refuse the prize property in writing, then the Second Runner-Up shall become responsible for all above stated taxes and fees. Other runner ups and alternates, if selected, shall become responsible for all above stated taxes and fees.
- STATE, FEDERAL, AND INTERNATIONAL REGULATIONS
This Essay Contest is a contest of skill. It is not a random game of chance and thus is not a game gambling or game of chance.This contest may be subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This essay contest offer is void where ever prohibited.
All entry fees shall be returned if a minimum of 500 entries are not received. , MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van Adventures reserves the right to accept a fewer or larger number of entries. Absolutely no refunds shall be made by reason of non-compliance or for any other reason whatsoever, unless the contest entry level has not been met.Entrants shall receive a refund if it becomes necessary by crediting the original online credit card used for entry payments.MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van Adventures reserves the right to cancel the essay contest prior to the contest deadline of March 29th, 2017 should any unforeseen circumstance arise that would make fulfilling the obligations of the contest impossible, or detrimental on the part of MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van Adventures. If cancellation is made in this circumstance, a credit refund will be issued.
- SOLE RIGHT TO MODIFY
MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van Adventures reserves the sole right to modify, extend, change or otherwise adjust the entry deadlines of the essay contest and determination of the winner for a period of up to sixty (60) days.Entrants agree MeCC, Inc., Vintage Van Adventures reserves and has the sole right to change, modify and otherwise adjust any portion of these Contest Essay Rules without repudiation and/or recourse from Entrants and/or Entrant Agents. Furthermore, Entrants and/or their Agents waive any right to legal action or civil action, except for negligence.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
If a dispute arises out of or relates to this essay contest and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree first to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Mediation Procedures before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.All parties, entrants and their assigns agree that any arbitration, litigation or any other dispute resolution arising from this essay contest shall be filed with the State of Maine, Cumberland County and any Federally filed actions shall be filed in Federal District Court, Cumberland County, State of Maine.